Sunday, May 18, 2008

  • So Colin is still not thrilled with breastfeeding but he'll latch everyonce in a while so we're still working on it.
  • I'm pumping between 3 and 4 ounces now every 3-4 hours so I know he's getting enought to eat and it's my milk so I'm not going to get neurotic about it.
  • He sleeps about 4- 5 hours at night, eats and goes back to sleep for another 3 hours so I'm getting way more sleep than when I was preggo.
  • At his 2 week checkup he was almost back to birth weight (7 lbs.) wieghing in a 6, 14 BUT the hospital scale is digital and the peds one is old school so we'll see how he is at weight check this Friday.

Everything else is pretty perfect - the doctor was pleasantly surprised how strong his arms and neck are for such a little guy and after I told him that this is not a 20 hour a day sleeper and he's really active he figured that's maybe why he's slower to gain weight. He just works it off! One small thing was Colin has a clogged tear duct - but now after 2 days of eye cream it's gone - it was just so sad looking all gooky and yucko but the doctor said it's normal and happens to most babies. And to hold onto the cream b/c it'll probably happen again.

My mom went home today so I'll officially be on my own after today because Jim has to go to work whether he wants to or not. I'm a bit scared but I know I can do it - just need to figure out the schedule for laundry and dishes and everything else.

On the me front - at the 12 day mark I was down 25 of the 30 pounds I gained and the swelling disappered! Now I just need to get rid of the last 5 + 30 lbs/ I've gained over the last 5 years and I'll be back where I belong. I have feet and real ankles again - it's completely freaking awesome. I feel pretty good 2+ weeks after the C and I just hav eto remember to take it easy and not push myself too much.Congrats to everyone who's had their LO's!!!

No comments: