Tuesday, May 20, 2008

He's 19 days old!

And he finally latched no problem!!!!!!!!

After a really rough two days with gassiness and cranky-pantsness I decided at 3 am that this kid was going to get my milk from the tap not from the pump. He went for it! so far he's eaten 3-4 times off the source today with no problems and very little pain on my part.

The first week when I was exclusively breastfeeding he KILLED me - I was in tears he was in tears it was awful. That's when I went to the pump - now my nips are healed (yeah I'm still an oversharer) and he's figured it out and it doesn't hurt bad at all. A little twinge when he first latches but as soon as letdown happens we're all good - no toe curling or anything!

Gas has been less of an issue today as well - I think he was just eating too fast and filling his little belly up with air. So after he eats I pump to get the rest out and I'm starting to finally have some backup milk in the fridge. When Jimmy gets home tonight I'll put it into the freezer bags so it'll last longer and we'll ahve it if we need it OR if we want to go out for the night they'll be some here for him and he won't have to go to formula!

Ok going to try to nap b/c the little man is sleeping.

1 comment:

boneramafreak said...

I am glad you both are figuring things out together!! I need to see more pics please. ;)