Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 23 in the life

We had our weight check yesterday at 3 weeks and he's still not back up to birthweight.
He was 7 at birth
6lbs, 7 oz when we brought him home (48 hours)
at two weeks he was at 6, 14
and 3 weeks -yesterday 6, 12.

He eats fine, doesnt' fall asleep, no spit up and plenty of wet/muddy diapers - he just REFUSES to gain.He eats plenty...2-4 oz BM every 3-4 hours. I'm back to pumping for the next week so I can write down every darn oz he eats and "prove" to myself and the docs that I have more than enough milk. I have like 12 oz in the freezer and 10 in the fridge that he hasnt' eaten yet. So now I have to supplement an ounce or two of formula after every friggin feeding. And wake him if he's sleeping to eat. - yeah how much do I hate waking a sleeping content baby????!!!!!

it's tough i was in tears leaving the doc yesterday. At least he's eating mine first then taking the formula about 1/2 hour later - we have to FORCE him to eat that though.

No comments: