I started my weekly appts today (woo-hoo- strep B test and a cervical check) and When i went to put my left leg up I had to use my arms to get it up there. FINALLY a doctor realized that my knee and hip joints aren't going to withstand the whole labor process. He was asking how I thought I could go through labor and I said I had told them each appt that I had bad knee/hip problems but no one seemed worried about it but me so I figured they were the experts and probably had some sort of plan. It's a huge practice so you see someone different every time and this doctor was very surprised no one else had seen my "issues" as a concern.
So I had 2 options - try to see if I can do it the old-fashioned way and they'd try to figure out some way to get my leg how it needs to be without hurting me OR do the elective C section. I chose the C section because after hearing from my orthopedic surgeon and the OB (and knowing what I can and can't do physically) it's pretty much a given that I don't have the strength in my leg to use it as leverage when it comes time to deliver. If it has a hard time getting me up the stairs...it's not going to put up with that kind of pressure.
I figure this way come hell or high water on May 1st – we’re going to have our little guy! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment