Wednesday, April 9, 2008

36 weeks, 6 days - L&D trip

I stayed home to work from the couch today b/c my hips and knee were acting up again. Around 1pm I got ridiculously cold and couldn't warm up took my temp and it was 96.5 and I got a wee bit worried b/c I was shaking, and a bit "fuzzy". I laid down and went under the blankets.

An hour later I wasn't feeling better and my temp was still low so I called the OB nurse at my doctors and left a message. They called back about 2:45 and asked if I was still cold and if Colin was moving. He wasn't moving around, temp was still low and I was getting scared. She told me to have OJ and to get under as many blankets as I could and to call back in an hour if he still wans't moving.

Well by 3:40 Colin still wasn't moving after 36 ounces of OJ (makes me so sick but it's worth it to get him moving) so they sent me to L & D. Jim came home and took me over and by 4:30 I was hooked up and Colin's heart was beating away and they said he was fine - I stayed until 6 and the conclusion was I'm proably getting sick (reason for the temp.) and he's out of room so I have to pay really close attention to him to make sure he moves. It doesn't help that he's butt out so i dont' feel the feet and hand movements much.

So pretty much the little bugger is lazy - Hopefully it means he'll sleep throught he night, lol!

He scared the heck out of us today - I never want to go through it again. I was crying waiting for Jimmy to get home and he was pretty shaken but didn't let on until we were home safe and knew everything was ok.

At least I got to chill in the nice L&D. i probably won't get that experience b/c of the C.

1 comment:

boneramafreak said...

I am just now reading this!! how scary that must have been! I hope things are going better and you aren't sick right now!!