My hip pain that I had before the last knee surgery is back with a vengence. I've been told that I have osteoarthritis in both hips, the left being worse than the right. It usually stays at bay unless I'm walking funny - and is there a pregnant woman that DOESN'T walk funny? I'm limping a bit again to take the pressure off of my left knee and doing the pg waddle - so I look doubly dumb. lol
The knee brace is "kinda" working. It doesn't stay in place too well but I don't know if it's because of my fat leg or because of the ridiculous swelling. Either way it's a pain in the ass b/c it doesn't stay put and I have to keep going to the bathroom at work to take my pants off to put the stupid brace back where it belongs. Luckily I have to pee alot so I can kill both birds with the same stone. :)
So that's why I'm not sleeping. I can't lay on my back b/c the booger is too heavy now, I can't lay on my tummy (how I love to sleep) b/c the little booger had made my tummy resemble a bowling ball and sleeping on either side iritates the shit out of my hips after 30-45 minutes. I call my new sleeping stlye "basting myself" I wake up and flop myself over to the other side every half hour-ish.
Try to picture it - I'm in shorts and a tank top (which obviously no longer fit properly), the fan is raging, pretty much no covers, sleeping on a variety of pillows to prop myself in a semi-comfortable position and then I wake up. (Yes it's still hovering around 30-35 at night here and the heat is on 62. Yes I'm still the one who needed 4 blankets at a minimum to keep warm for the last 30 some years. Yes I'm a freaking furnace and it's annoying)
- I wake up with the thought of "please God let it have been at least an hour since I had to do this" but it's usually only been about 45 minutes...tops.
- I pray that I am not awake to realize I probably have to pee and start the flopping process.
- I begin my sticking the leg oppostite to the way Iwant to go up in the air "for leverage"
- I then fling my leg in the direction I want to go, realizing that Jim has moved onto my side of the bed so I am about to land on him. What really happens is I bounce right back to where i started.
- So I nudge him "gently" and tell him to move so I can do the whole thing over again.
- I finally get on my other side and reprop myself with the aforementioned pillows and attempt to convince myself I'm comfortable and to go back to sleep.
- It's ususally about this time I realize that I need to pee and have to get myself out of bed, stumble to the bathroom and start this process of comfort finding all over.
Why do people lie and say pregnancy is "wonderful"?
1 comment:
You will know why in a few weeks. ;)
Post a Comment