So an email came down for the powers at be at work that all hiring and salaried employees' raises are frozen as of 8/15 until further notice. Plus, we should deal with it b/c we get bonuses at year's end based on company performance. - Yep so pretty much "suck it up and deal" Hourlies are still getting increases. I completely understand that the economy is in the shitter but it's the no warning of this coming that really gets me fired up. At least if people would have known the possibility they could have been better prepared. Getting blindsided by it hurts more.
I'm technically overhead so there's nothing I can do to drive my bonus - it's based off all of our companies performance -all 4 of them. yay. I've never had a bonus over $1200 (before tax and it's taxed at 42%). let's just say that wouldn't even be a 3% cost of living increase. There's some really pissed off people in our company today.
My eval was due while I was on maternity leave - my boss and I were told that as long as we get it completed by Friday I may still get something. Next month they'll tell us how much the health insurance is going up (last year was $70 a month for single).
But we our course all make too much for assistance - so we'll clear 10% less, cost of living will go up 3-8% and they wonder why people are in more credit card debt than ever before. hmmm....
Colin's doing great! Up to almost 13 pounds and over 24 inches. I miss him so much during the day. He's such a happy little guy - I hate that I'm missing so much of his day to work at a job where this kid of crap is going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment