Friday, July 6, 2007

My new life...

So there's been alot of new developments in my life over the last two months. I finally have some help with the house payments and bills...no the Leprechaun didn't get a job...but we have a new roommate. A roommate that I'm planning on holding on to for a very long time.

Life has a funny way of working out - There's a man I've become very good friends with over the last 18 months that I work with. I've had a crush on him for a good while and I've recently found out that he felt the same way. I've been dating losers - as you all well know - and he was with someone else, so the timing wasn't right. Things changed and changed quickly all from one simple fishing trip. Who knew one night down at the jetty could change our whole world?

He left his whole life behind so he could be with me. It's not the perfect clean start that dreams are made of but it's an interesting story that will be fun to tell later in life. I'm not proud of the fact that I'm "that girl" but unless you were part of the situation it'll never really make sense to you and I'm not even going to try to defend myself. Sometimes things just happen. They knew it was coming and said as much when they broke up for good, she wished us luck (which I don't think I'd be able to do if the situation was reversed) and they parted on fairly good terms - especially considering the situation.

In the last few weeks I've actually been happy - and people are pointing it out to me - I'm in a good mood almost all the time - it's creepy for me and for others :) I've heard of you people who find that other person and it just goes well - I've never not had to do everything - having someone who wants to help me and just does things when they need to be done is a whole new world for me. Plus for the first time ever - I got flowers - for no reason at all - just because, and even better it was flowers I love. When I walked in the door from work there were a bunch of gorgeous sunflowers in a vase and a bunch of other wildflowers in another vase waiting for me. :) it was to much for me. I didn't know what to do-it wasn't to soften me up or because we had a fight or because it was some sort of anniversary - it was because...."I saw them and they were pretty and you deserve pretty things" yeah - no clue what to say.

So that's the story in a nutshell. I'm happy and I'm planning on staying happy.

No comments: