Sunday, April 15, 2007

When it rains it pours

So it's Sunday, the day of rest. We've had a busy week so we were looking forward to sitting and doing nothing today, maybe watch some movies that we're wanted to and just veg. Well, being as i've met myself I should know better, we said the above out loud (I know BIG mistake) around 4 hours ago. After that Mike decided to go down to check his email in the basement. Can you see what's about to happen? Yep i heard the words "Uh-Oh", followed by "Oh shit."

So apparently there's water, alot of water, in the basement. We're getting Lisa's Nor'Easter but with rain. I go through the files for the disclosure statement from when I bought the house 6 months ago and everywhere there's a water question it's an emphatic check mark of NO. Well to find the source of the water we hear running down the wall Mike takes off the paneling. yep - water coming THROUGH the wall. yay. .. Next panel comes off to see BLACK MOLD on the wall. Yeah.

Continuing... so now there's a small pond forming - 16 feet wide, the width of my house, and steadly gaining feet the other way - now to about 10 feet from the wall.So I'm now sitting in the living room, sopping wet b/c of the rain outside - nope the gutters aren't blocked - and crying. I'm not supposed to clean it up until it gets to the point where structural damage can occur b/c I now may have to go after the people who owned the house since it was built who lied about water. My previous house used to flood. I checked yes on EVERYTHING and explained what would happen. My parents used to flood - they also checked yes and explained what would happen. I could go on with every other person I have ever known who has sold a house that got water who checked yes but I think you guys get the point. I've about had it. These people didn't mention alot of little stuff that I've found and I've let it go, but this is my last straw. I want this fixed and I don't want to be the one to have to do it.

The realtor (one of my best friends) has been notified and she's trying to figure out what should be done. I've taken the requisite pictures and video with date time stamps for proof and will continue to take more. I am really started to hate the previous owner, I hope they have boils on their butts and can never sit down again.

So mike has $27 and we're going to leave and go eat something. His treat. When we come home, maybe we'll go for a swim.

ETA:- nevermind on the food. I have flat tire. My new, 6 months old, was my 30th birthday present, tires. Mike's changing it now in the pouring rain but we don't know about the spare - it's 7 years old, never been used - but still 7 years old. I tried to go out and help but I got yelled at. I think the crying may have had something to do with it.

No comments: